Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My 1st Tiramisu attempt ~ Kahlua Infused Tiramisu ~

I remembered my Italian colleagues brought me to that restaurant in Verona for lunch few years ago and insisted on me trying its "world-best" Tiramisu. I abide of coz... but was amazed by its totally unappetizing & ugly serving presentation =P (it looks like a pile of "lao-sai" spooned onto a plate!!! yaks!) and seriously, I dun have a slight remembrance of how it tasted!!!!! hahaaaa....
Recently there are so many submission on FoodGawker & local bloggers with their very beautiful & neat looking Tiramisu Torte Cake... and I was very attracted to that "slice of cake" by HHB http://happyhomebaking.blogspot.com/2009/11/just-slice-of-cake.html so I tried my 1st Tiramisu attempt :D Hubby and I were quite satisfied with this cake attempt of mine!!
7 O'clock
Oh!! See how un-neat my cutting skill was :(
how can i prevent the cocoa powder from "flowing down" to the Tiramisu filling??

5 O'clock
This is a mini Tiramisu attempt done on a 4.5-inches sponge cake. Cake tin with removable base bought from Daiso :D

Ingredients for Coffee Syrup
1 tbsp instant Nescafe Gold blend powder
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp Kahlua Liqueur

Dissolve instant coffee powder & sugar in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
Stir in Kahlua

Ingredients for Tiramisu Filling
120g Cream Cheese
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp Kahlua Liqueur
5 tbsp Coffee Syrup
120g whipping cream

**(Cocoa powder for dusting, chocolate curls & chocolate coffee beans for decoration)**
Whisk whipping cream till soft peak, set aside.
Whisk cream cheese and icing sugar till combined, add in vanilla extract, Kahlua and coffee syrup. Mix for about 1 minute then add in whipped cream & mix for another 5 mins.

Assembling of Cake

Verdict: This is a nice cake!!! however, I feel that its a little too sweet for me as I'm someone who drinks coffee without sugar. [i prefer kopi-si kosong ;-)] I will omit sugar in the coffee syrup & filling in my future Tiramisu attempt! Yummmmmm.....

Left over Tiramisu Filling and chocolate curls for my afternoon tea :D



5 comments:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the presentation of the little tiramisu cake, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, cream cheese for a tiramisu - have you ehard of mascarpone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks absolutely delicious! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails