Find me boring? I just made another Strawberry Cheesecake! This time I topped the cheesecake with agar-agar over the sliced strawberries.
Thanks to the Korean Strawberry season... think Cold Storage is over-stocked with strawberries coz they r selling 4 punnets for only SGD 9.99 ;-)
and I found this FAT-FREE cream cheese @ cold storage.... and I told myself, MUST BUY MUST BUY!! :D
Also from Cold Storage... No Frills Brand Marie biscuits for the cheesecake base. FairPrice Butter from my fridge.... My fridge is always well-stocked with FairPrice Butter! Cheap & Nice!
Again, the SQ's 7 o'clock way of presenting a slice of my cheesecake :P
- 150g Marie Biscuit, crushed using blender
- 60g Butter
- Melt butter in a frying pan, add in biscuit crumbs... make sure every bit of the crumbs r moistened with the melted butter.
- Press the above with a metal spoon, hard onto a remove-able bottom cake mould.
Chill in fridge for 20mins
- 250g Cream Cheese (Thaw on table-top for 1hr)
- 250g Whipping Cream
- 50g Sugar
- 100g Condensed Milk
- 250g Korean Strawberries (grass & stocks removed, blended)
- 1 tbsp gelatine powder, dissolved in 3 tbsp of water
- Whip the whipping cream till soft peak, put it back to the fridge to prevent melting
- Cream the cream cheese till smooth, add in sugar, condensed milk till u get a smooth texture
- Add in the crushed strawberries
- Add in the Whipped cream
- Add in gelatine mixture
- Pour onto the chilled cake base and leave to set at least 4hrs or overnight in fridge.
- 3g Agar Agar powder (colourless)
- 300 ml water
- 50g sugar
- Dissolve all the above in a pot, bring it to a boiling point, off the heat. Whisk the mixture for a while to cool off before pouring on the set cheesecake.
- Slice 10 strawberries and place the neatly on the set cheesecake.
- VERY SLOWLY, pour the agar-agar mixture on the cheesecake, make sure all the strawberries slices are covered.
- Put it back to the Fridge to set for at least 3hrs.