Wednesday, April 8, 2009

08 April 09 Pulut Hitam

I had a craving for Pulut Hitam last week after watching "Sweets for my sweet" on AFC. They were featuring a famous Vietnamese Dessert Shop, Baguette @ Raffles city. Then there is this Pulut Hitam cake which caught my attention... I think I want to try making a cake like that...

Then I start searching net for ingredients & method but I can't find any... so I guess I got to explore on my own...

I found out that Pine Garden is also famous for their chewy pulut hitam cake... but I'm not going to buy anything from them anymore... after Jenn's wedding cake incident which aluminium foil was found in Pine Garden's SGD700 wedding cake!! Its not about the $$, but the "foreign object" spoilt everyone's mood :(
Anyway, my experiment starts with dessert on Wed, 08 April 09... Pulut Hitam kosong =D
No coconut cream!
Reason 1: I'm VERY health-conscious =D
Reason 2: Nyx hates anything to do with coconut, except Herbal Essence Shampoo?!!?
Ingredients
  1. 250gm Black glutinous rice
  2. 50gm White glutinous rice
  3. 4-5 Pandan leaves, knotted
  4. 120gm Honey rock sugar
  5. 1500ml Water
Method
  1. Wash black and white glutinous rice
  2. Boil (1) in water with pandan leaves for 10mins.
  3. Transfer to pre-heated slow cooker, using high option (if available)
  4. Add honey rock sugar, stir occasionally.
  5. Leave it to cook for at least 1 hr.

For my gals....

Pulut Hitam topped with Non-diary whipped cream! Mmmmm...

Then here comes the outcome of my experiment...

I think this is nice! I mix my pulut hitam with non-diary whipping cream, sandwiched between layers of sponge cake. Texture is light, with chewy glutinous rice. I like it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails