Ingredients for Cake
- 3 Eggs
- 70g Sugar
- 75g Plain Flour
- 70g Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee or coffe paste (optional)
- Whisk eggs and sugar at max. speed for until stiff. add coffee paste
- Fold in sifted flour by hand, Add warm melted butter. Mix well until batter is shinny
- Pour into baking tin and bake for about 35 minutes
- Cut cake into two layers when cooled
Coffee Mousse Cream Ingredients
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tbsp Demarara Sugar
- 1 tbsp Molasses sugar
- 3 Egg yolks
- 110-125g Cream cheese (thaw for 1hr @ room temp)
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Gelatin
- 200g Fresh Cream, whipped
- Boil water, coffee powder, demarara sugar and molasses sugar till dissolved. Whisk in egg yolks
- Beat in cream cheese till smooth. Add in some of (1), mix well, then add in all the rest of the (1), leave to cool
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, leave to cool
- Add whipped fresh cream into cooled (2), then add in (3)
- Spread half of the mousse on the cake, place the second layer of cake over and spread the remaining mousse over the top.
- Leave the cake into the freezer to set before decorating the top
- 100g Cooking chocolate
- 80g Feuilletine
- Double boil to melt the choclate and add in Feuilletine.
- Spread on a piece of paper and roll into a 9-inch rould baking tin.
- Leave in the fridge to set for about 1hr.