Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Another batch of Pineapple Tartz

I made another batch today. and i can't stop snapping pix for them ;-)

Here's how i did them...
Pre-heat oven @160•celcius.

Tart Recipe
250g Plain flour
100g Cake flour
50g Icing sugar
(sieve the above 3 powder together)
250g butter (salted)
(Hard from fridge, cut into 1-2cm cubes)
1 egg yolk

Use rubbing-in method. Rub in everything with finger-tips till it form a dough.
Roll out to 0.5cm thickness. Cut out using any cutter of your choice.
brush the tarts top with egg glaze (see below)

egg glaze
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tiny drop yellow coloring

Place a pineapple ball-ball in the middle of the cut and glazed tart.
Brush the ball-balls with egg glaze.
(As I really have no time to go JB to buy my usual pineapple jam, I used ready-made pineapple jam from Phoon Huat this time round. I pre-roll them into tiny ball-ball few days before to make my life easier =D)

Bake at 160•celcius for 15mins.
Increase to 180•celcius, top heat for further 2-3mins to get that "golden-brown" look ;-)

love! hope u love them too! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails