Friday, January 27, 2012

Wobbly Tau Huay 滑滑的豆花

I made this Tau Huay last nite b4 I go to bed for today's Breakfast ;-)

I Love Tau Huay since I was a child. But as I grew older, I'm sticking to Mr Bean's Bean Curd for its unique and strong scent of 豆味. Those Pasat stall Tau Huay cannot make it anymore :P Although the famous Rochor Rd Tau Huay is very smooth in texture but they dun have that 豆的味道 :( anyway, I'm missing the very thick and creammy, unsweetened Soy Milk drink from Courtyard Times Square @ Seoul, Korea. I'll never find its replacement :(

Actually I didn't have the intention to make Tau Huay at all. I bought a pack of Unisoy Soy Milk instant drink from Fairprice last week, hoping to "smell" some 豆味 from the drink... Yes! there is indeed some 豆味 in this drink :D but its too sweet for my liking :( (btw, I'm someone who dislike sweet-tasting stuff :P) And I found this "secret recipe"within the package :D so I did some experiment b4 I slept last nite :D hehee...

Here's the "Secret Recipe" :D

I doubled the recipe... so I used 4 sachets of the Instant Powder.
+ 8g gelatine powder
+ 800g warm water
Stir-in everything well. (I used a whisk to do so)
Pour into bowls/cups/moulds as u wish
Cover well
Leave on tabletop to cool-off for 5-10mins
Put into Fridge to set overnight

I searched the web for a recipe for the tau huay syrup and came upon Baking Quinn's recipe :D
I love Pandan favor but not ginger... so I omitted the ginger slices for my syrup.
Here's 200g water + 70g honey rock sugar + 2 pandan leaves knotted together
Boil everything mixing everything together. Leave the Pandan leaves in to infuse the Syrup.


This is what I got the next morning when I woke up! :D
Not Bad after all!! The texture is seriously wobbly and smooth! My Tessa finished all within a minute! ;-) So Happy! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails