Thursday, March 1, 2012

01032012: BlueBerry Crumble Muffins

FairPrice supermarket selling Blueberries @ only $2.95 a pack. So i bought a pack to "play" :D


Then I searched the web for some Blueberry Muffin ideas... and I saw Wen's Delight's Blueberry Crumble Muffins which made me 流口水 :P~~~

I didn't follow her recipe though... coz my yesterday's Jagong Muffin was very loved by my 2 girls... so Again, I did those with my Secondary School's 武林秘籍 :D with a little modification. Makes 16 Muffins with that Ikea Muffin Pan.

Muffin Ingredients
200g Self Raising Flour
1 tbsp Custard Powder (mine is vanilla flavour de)
120g Unsalted Butter
100g Sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla essence
4 tbsp Plain Yogurt (I use Marrigold brand de)
1 pack Fresh BlueBerry (120g)

Crumble Topping (which I copycat from Wen's Delight):
50g Castor sugar
100g Plain flour
50g Salted Butter (cut into small cubes)

Method for topping:
Sift the flour into a bowl, add sugar and butter, then rub with fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Not till it form a dough hor!!! :P Cover well and Chill.

Method for Muffins
Preheat oven @ 180 degress celcius
Mix at highest speed, butter, sugar and egg+ vanilla essence for 10 mins
(meanwhile, can place paper cups in muffin pan, place 3-4 washed and paper-towel dried blueberries at the bottom of each cup)
Add in Yogurt and mix for about 1 minute
Sift in Flour and custard powder
I fold in the flour mixture with my hand (again)!!! :D LOLOLOLLL.... :))) hahahaa...
Add in half the remainder of the blueberries into the cake mixture. Don't crush them.
I pour the cake mixture into a piping bag and fill up each cup till 3/4 full.
Place 3-4 blueberries on each of the cup till you use up all the remaining blueberries.
Lastly, top each cup mixture with a few pinch of the crumble.

Bake for 20 minutes. Switch to top heat and bake for further 5 mins.

Cool in pan for at least 10mins before taking them out of the muffin pan. Make sure the muffins r completely cooled before u store them in a air-tight container.

Yummy Yummy Yummy!!! :D

~ ~ ~ Mummy's Happy Moment ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails