Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Banana Bundt Cake with a scoop of Strawberry Cheesecake Ice-Cream :D'''''


My little Tessa had fever yesterday so she skip school today. I brought her to market this morning and she insisted on me buying yellow banana for her. ok.. ok... the unwell person always have her way... so we will have banana meal today :(
I made banana pancake for her lunch as she had bad appetite, recovering from her fever. I'm glad she ate 2 big pancake.
And I dunno what happened?? The banana I bought this morning are all peeling off their skin on their own :( the "yellow banana" r too ripen!! and I need to do something to "save" them!!
Smash them all up to make Banana Cake lah! :D
I have a very simple & lazy way to make a "non-failure" Sponge Cake of any style... but my Baking Teacher, Richard will say this formular consist of too much 毒药(toxic chemical or POISON :P)! But who cares? as if we know what chemical are being added to all those commercial cakes selling out there :P so long as I get my cake DONE :P (oops! dun tell him I said all these :P)
Ingredients
  • 250gm Optima Flour
  • 4 eggs (each weighing about 70gm, shell on)
  • 1 tsp Ovellette
  • 75gm Water
  • 75gm Butter, melted
  • 2 Big Mashed Banana (I use Del Monte Brand)
Method
  • Pre-Heat Oven @ 170c
  • Sieve the flour 2-3 times, I throw away the sugar that does not go thru the sieve as I always feel that the optima mixture is far too SWEET!
  • Using a electric mixer, beat the flour, eggs, ovellette and water at maximum speed for 8-10mins or till soft peak.
  • Stop mixer, add in melted butter.
  • Add in crushed banana
  • Using lowest speed, beat for further 1 min

Prepare Bundt Cake Tin as below:

A Sales Promoter @ Tangs Market Place taught me this trick... Brush the whole tin with Crisco butter shortening, then dust with plain flour. Throw in 1 tbsp of plain flour onto the greased bundt tin, then simply swirl and bang and throw the flour around, left, right, upside down.... make sure every part of the tin coats a thin layer of flour. Turn the tin upside down, shake off excess flour.
Pour in the batter and bake for 30mins.
After cake tester comes out dry, use a small, flat and sharp object (e.g. fruit knife) slide in-between the cake and bundt tin, slowly and carefully separate the 2...
and the whole cake will come out nicely with the skin on
Like all Chiffon Cake, it will "sink" slightly after its being cooled.
Here's how the "inside" looks
And my little Tessa likes it :D But I think she prefers the Ben & Jerry's Ice-Cream :D

Banana Cake on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails