I was so very addicted to http://www.foodgawker.com/ these few weeks... very much attracted to this group of blogger who are cyber cooks/bakers/wonderful photographers!! They are simply sssoooooooooo inspiring! I love the Daring Baker contest and the fantastic pictures those participating bloggers had submitted.
During my frequent flying years, I had collected bottles and bottles of so many liquors and liqueurs.... I quit Alcohol after becoming a mum and those nice bottles are now being chunk away in my cabinet... and YES! I need to get rid of them... but in good use...
Inspired by Tramie's Kitchen, I did the below concoctions, hoping to KILL "that person" as he is creating too much nightmares for me for the past whole week =X
My Husband was playing Resident Evil day & nite!! Those irritating sound of hitting the keyboard and the screams from the game is SO TORTURING!!!!!! I shall KILL him with ALCOHOL 1st... But wonder if these 5 tbsp of Cointreau can dis-coordinate his fingers & brain???
- 100ml HL milk
- 150gm Valrhona Chocolate (i use 70%)
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 tbsp Corn starch
- 30gm SCS Butter
- 5 tbsp Cointreau
- Double boil over medium heat, melt chocolate in milk.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs & corn starch together well.
- When the chocolate milk starts bubbling gently, slowly pour it into the egg mixture, in a thin stream while constantly whisking the egg mixture.
- Whisk constantly until mixture thickens.
- Drop in the butter, continue to stir until it melts.
- Take it off the heat and stir in Cointreau.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly pressed onto the surface so it doesn't form a skin.
- Chill for a couple of hours, Decorate & Serve.