Friday, September 11, 2009

Cointreau Chocolate Shot

I was so very addicted to http://www.foodgawker.com/ these few weeks... very much attracted to this group of blogger who are cyber cooks/bakers/wonderful photographers!! They are simply sssoooooooooo inspiring! I love the Daring Baker contest and the fantastic pictures those participating bloggers had submitted.

During my frequent flying years, I had collected bottles and bottles of so many liquors and liqueurs.... I quit Alcohol after becoming a mum and those nice bottles are now being chunk away in my cabinet... and YES! I need to get rid of them... but in good use...

Inspired by Tramie's Kitchen, I did the below concoctions, hoping to KILL "that person" as he is creating too much nightmares for me for the past whole week =X

My Husband was playing Resident Evil day & nite!! Those irritating sound of hitting the keyboard and the screams from the game is SO TORTURING!!!!!! I shall KILL him with ALCOHOL 1st... But wonder if these 5 tbsp of Cointreau can dis-coordinate his fingers & brain???

Ingredients:

  • 100ml HL milk
  • 150gm Valrhona Chocolate (i use 70%)
  • 3 whole eggs
  • 3 tbsp Corn starch
  • 30gm SCS Butter
  • 5 tbsp Cointreau
Method:
  • Double boil over medium heat, melt chocolate in milk.
  • In a bowl, whisk eggs & corn starch together well.
  • When the chocolate milk starts bubbling gently, slowly pour it into the egg mixture, in a thin stream while constantly whisking the egg mixture.
  • Whisk constantly until mixture thickens.
  • Drop in the butter, continue to stir until it melts.
  • Take it off the heat and stir in Cointreau.
  • Cover with plastic wrap directly pressed onto the surface so it doesn't form a skin.
  • Chill for a couple of hours, Decorate & Serve.

**Cheers**




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails